Desktop Orbiter is a comprehensive, easy-to-use, computer security administration solution. With Desktop Orbiter, protecting multiple local and remote machines is a matter of a point-and-click procedure. Security features include a suit of powerful desktop security settings, and filtering capabilities to stop users from running untrusted websites or forbidden applications. Also includes a network monitor, computer usage log, task scheduler, printer monitor, administration tools, reporting tools... All this, and much more, allows you to easily manage and protect multiple workstations remotely. Maintain secure environments with Desktop Orbiter, the preferred solution for security administration. Available also in Spanish and Japanese. The new version features the ability to disable USB drives for strong protection, improved software and web filtering, and includes also a powerful report component that permits you to review and print detailed usage data, export to multiple sources. All this, and much more, allows you to easily manage and protect multiple workstations remotely.
» version 9.0 - posted on 2011-11-02
- Internet filter
- Tweaked software filters
- Optimized satellite connections
- Many minor fixes and improvements
» version 5.0.1 - posted on 2007-05-08
Security update, fixed auto ping on startup, and other minor fixes.
EULA - End User License Agreement
Software License Agreement
Notice to users: Carefully read the following legal agreement. Use of the software provided with this agreement (the "software") constitutes your acceptance of these terms. If you do not agree to the terms of this agreement, do not install and/or use this software. User's use of this software is conditioned upon compliance by user with the terms of this agreement.
1. License grant. Anfibia grants you a license to use one copy of the software on any one system for as many licenses as you purchase. You must purchase a license for each workstation on which you will install or run the software. "You" means the company, entity or individual whose funds are used to pay the license fee. "Use" means storing, loading, installing, executing or displaying the software. You may not modify the software or disable any licensing or control features of the software except as an intended part of the software's programming features. The license is not transferable to any other system, or to another organization or individual.
2. Evaluation. When you first obtain a copy of the software, you are granted an evaluation period of 30 days, after which time you must pay for the software according to the terms discussed in the software documentation, or you must remove the software from your system. You are expected to use the software on a maximum of ten computers, or more if allowed by a testing license, and to thoroughly evaluate its usefulness and functionality before making a purchase. This "try before you buy" approach is the ultimate guarantee that the software will perform to your satisfaction; therefore, you understand and agree that there is no refund policy for any purchase of the software.
3. Ownership. The software is owned and copyrighted by Anfibia. Your license confers no title or ownership in the software and should not be construed as a sale of any right in the software.
4. Copyright. The software is protected by European copyright laws and international treaty provisions. You acknowledge that no title to the intellectual property in the software is transferred to you. You further acknowledge that title and full ownership rights to the software will remain the exclusive property of Anfibia and you will not acquire any rights to the software except as expressly set forth in this license. You agree that any copies of the software will contain the same proprietary notices which appear on and in the software.
5. Reverse engineering. You agree that you will not attempt to reverse compile, modify, translate, or disassemble the software in whole or in part.
6. No other warranties. Anfibia does not warrant that the software is error free. Anfibia disclaims all other warranties with respect to the software, either express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and noninfringement of third party rights. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties or limitations on how long an implied warranty may last, or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
6. Severability. In the event of invalidity of any provision of this license, the parties agree that such invalidity shall not affect the validity of the remaining portions of this license.
7. No liability for consequential damages. In no event shall Anfibia or its suppliers be liable to you for any consequential, special, incidental or indirect damages of any kind arising out of the delivery, performance or use of the software, even if Anfibia has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event will Anfibia's liability for any claim, whether in contract, tort or any other theory of liability, exceed the license fee paid by you, if any.
8. Governing law. This license will be governed by the European law. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is specifically disclaimed.
9. Entire agreement. This is the entire agreement between you and Anfibia which supersedes any prior agreement or understanding, whether written or oral, relating to the subject matter of this license.
Desktop Orbiter Copyright © 2003-2011 by Anfibia Software
All rights reserved.